unable to load snd-emu10k1 for soundcard in core2 test1

Mike Jensen jent at spicylemons.com
Sun Mar 28 19:04:03 UTC 2004

I hope I am not being redundant but I was unable to find anything about this.
When i try to run 'system-config-soundcard' it opens and i say play test
sound and it says 'the snd-emu10k1 driver could not be loaded.  This
soundcard may not be compatible with Red Hat Linux' in the consol I get this
message: FATAL: Module snd_emu10k1 already in kernel.  My soundcard is a
soundblaster audigy w/1394....it is a 5.1 pci card...any thoughts on this
one?

--
Cheers,
Mike Jensen