OT: Thanks and Anaconda crash was Re: Problems with serial ata

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Mar 28 20:15:08 UTC 2004

I'm posting this to say thanks for the guys who answered my first
message. Sadly , the lockups have destroyed my FC2t1 install , so I'll
wait until test 2 is released before reinstalling.

After destroying my FC2t1 install , the SATA drive also started to
behave badly in windoze... I've downloaded the iso which contains the
seagate tool to check their disks and found out that it is really
problematic... I'm gonna send the drive to RMA and see if  a new drive
works.... On the tests I've made , I've noticed that only read access to
the disk caused problems. Probably some process on FC was trying to read
the disk and triggered the lockups which I mentioned on my first post..

As for the anaconda crash I mentioned on the subject , I tried to use
the upgrade option of the setup to repair my install , but I ended with
a anaconda crash (full log at
http://www.dcc.ufmg.br/~pmacedo/anacdump.txt) . The root filesystem is
using XFS , the other filesystems are using ext3 or vfat. I have booted
the installer with linux xfs , to enable xfs support.. Should I bugzilla
this error? I believe that it may be related with the fact that the HD
crashes corrupted the fstab on FC2 (it became corrupted.. I tried to
boot on rescue mode and run fsck.xfs , but it didnt find anything..)

--
Pedro Macedo