Unable to align partition

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sun Mar 28 20:42:49 UTC 2004

On Sunday 28 March 2004 14:49, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 01:14:19PM -0500, Gene C. wrote:
> > > clearly a bug in parted/disk druid as the partition numbers can be (and
> > > should have been) taken from the table itself.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? ... or at least looked at?
>
> The fix for the general case is "if there is a partition table, validate
> it and if sane believe the geometry of it"

Yes, but ... how do I get this fixed (who do I nag or whatever)?

There is a bugzilla report on this but with the idea that Fedora wants to push
stuff upstream as much as possible, I cannot see nagging the Red Hat
developers as being productive (they are busy trying to pull all of the
packages together for FC2).  Should I contact Andrew Clausen directly?

I do believe that this is an important bug to fix.  While I have figured out
how to work around it using the hdx=cyl,heads,sectors kernel parameter, a lot
of users will get real confused if this is exacerbated by a partition table
initially created by Win2k or WinXP.

--
Gene