Invisible fonts under GTK apps.

Kevin Sullivan kevins at pac-software.com
Sun Mar 28 23:03:04 UTC 2004

I am currently running yarrow (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl) on a fresh
installation. I did not do an upgrade. I have been using apt and
freshrpms but I don't think that has anything to do with my
problem. It would seem that all of the dialog boxes in GTK
applications have invisible fonts(ripperX, audacity). If I highlight
the text I can read it but it is not visible otherwise. All other apps
seem to work just fine. I am using kde but I also have the problem
with gnome. I have played with xfontsel, xset and font handling in kde
but no help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin Sullivan