HP zv5000z AMD64 FC2 Test 2 Install fails

Brian Stretch bstretch at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 29 19:38:33 UTC 2004

Update:

FC1 AMD64 installs on this HP zv5000z Athlon 64 nForce3 chipset
notebook so long as I use idle=poll.  However, FC2 Test 2, attempted
via boot CD and local NFS server with the four binary CD images,
says "no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems"
after I select manual partitioning with Disk Druid.  Then it reboots.
I tried acpi=off selinux=0 just for laughs, no diff.  Anyone have any
ideas before I bugzilla this?

It can't detect the "mouse" either, which is an ALPS keypad, and I
didn't see an option to manually select it like I could with FC1.