FC2 test2 does not boot from CD

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Mon Mar 29 20:13:13 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 23:06, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:
> Was Test2 supposed to be bootable from CD?
>
> I have tried on several boxes, (and yes the bootparms) are right in
> the Bios, and this thing does not boot.
>
> I reburned the image and still the same

Worked for me. Did you md5sum the downloaded iso-image?

> I also notice there are no images for booting from floppy or for network
> installations, except for PXE so if you don't have a box capable
> of booting from the Internet you are out

This has been discussed quite a few times here already: the 2.6 kernel
is too big to fit into a floppy anymore so floppy installs are out,
can't be helped. You can use either the 1st CD or boot.iso image to do
network installations as well, and with much less hassle since you don't
need a separate driver disk.

	- Panu -