FC2 test 2 live cd?

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Mon Mar 29 20:14:06 UTC 2004

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> There was a live cd for some of the previous Fedora releases, but
> I've not really had good luck with it:

No, there are no 'official' live cds for ANY fedora release...not yet.

The url you pasted...is a best..a derivative distribution and shouldn't
be using the Fedora name, and more likely than not
its probably using the associated trademarked artwork inappropriately.
Ethically and maybe legally they probably shouldn't be calling that
live-cd 'Fedora.' Just like Knoppix is not called debian live-cd, the
person creating that live-cd should not call it the fedora live-cd and
should name it something it else and say it is fedora-based.

If you use a live-cd created by someone in the community, be aware, that
you probably can't expect any bugs you file about the live-cd experience
to be handled by the Fedora developers.  Make sure you know who is
responsible for the live-cd development so you know who to complain to
when it doesn't work.

-jef"why bother with livecds when you can have Felt Tip Linux, a
fedora-based live-usbkeydrive distro"spaleta