FC2T2 Upgrade & SELinux

Andy Ross andy at plausible.org
Tue Mar 30 05:20:44 UTC 2004

netopml at newview.com wrote:
> Not it's not.
>
> You install both policy
>  ... and checkpolicy rpms,
> you reboot.
> You run "fixfiles relabel",
> you reboot one more time

No offense, but I'm hardly a newbie user and the only steps I
understood above were "reboot".  What's the difference between a
policy and a checkpolicy?  Why are the files broken?  What's a
label, and what was it set to before that was wrong?

Seriously, this is a major paradigm change being pushed with this
release, and the documentation is awfully sparse.  What's the
rationale?  What do we stand to gain?  What old habits are we
going to have to break?  As it stands, it seems like Red Hat is
feeding us something and telling us its good for us without, as
it were, providing a nutition analysis label.

Andy