FC2 test2 does not boot from CD

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Tue Mar 30 05:42:10 UTC 2004

At 09:01 PM 3/29/04 -0800, someone wrote:

>I too can not get the CD to boot... when I have no problem in the past
>with booting from various CDs including FC2Test1 and FC1.

Same as the rest - had to boot from FC1T1 disk and switch to FC2T2 disk at
the first prompt.  Install seems to go fine from there.  (Won't boot to X
but it installed.  I had better luck with T1.)

Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-7VM400M-P with Award bios v6.00PG dated
2003/11/24 (latest).  I have no IDE hard disks, just two SATA disks and an
LG DVD/CD burner GSA-4081B on the secondary IDE bus.

Managed to boot a Compaq Evo N800c laptop and an older (Athlon 750) desktop
with FC2T2 Disk 1 though.

I've entered this on Bugzilla.

Ed
--