Boot Error with SELinux

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Tue Mar 30 06:42:59 UTC 2004

I've managed to install FC2T2 (after doing the boot disk swap with
T1).  The install completed with no errors.  However, I cannot boot the
machine at all.

This is from the boot sequence. Everything is normal through the Bogomips
check.  Then I get:
Security Scaffold v1.0.0 initialized
SELinux: Initializing
SELinux: Starting in permissive mode
There is already a security framework initialized, register_security failed
Failure registering capabilities with the kernel
selinux_register_security: Registering secondary module security
Unquote

Then a bunch more normal messages including many
SELinux initialized (dev, type [futexfs | socksfs | proc | bdev] etc)

And lastly
INIT: version 2.85 booting
audit(1080597019.563:0): avc: denied {getattr} for pid=1 exe=/sbin/init
path=/dev/initctl dev=hdg9
Unquote

These audit message are about three lines of text each. And they scroll
repeatedly across my screen.  I get some green OK's and a few red FAILED's
but then it goes to screen after screen of audit messages.

hdg9 is my root partition, BTW.  That's the way it was for test 1 so I
didn't change the partition layout.

I'll put this into Bugzilla if anyone knows the tracking number.  (I'm sure
it's been reported and I'd like to avoid logging a duplicate.)

Sorry if the above boot messages aren't verbatim.  I had to copy them by hand.

Ed
--

Ed Fletcher
ed at fletcher.ca