A lot of problems with FC2 Test2 X64_64 - detailed description

Mark mark at harddata.com
Tue Mar 30 16:37:41 UTC 2004

On March 30, 2004 08:44 am, "Gene C." <czar at czarc.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 March 2004 09:15, Alessandro Polverini wrote:
> > - Anaconda (and partitioner) does not detect /dev/hda! It only sees
> > /dev/hdb and /dev/sda (sata disk)
>
> That is strange.  My SATA drive comes up as scsi on FC1 (2.4 kernel) but
> ide on FC2 (2.6 kernel).

There's two drivers. The straight via driver that is in 2.6.x or the libata
driver that is in both. I am currently using the VIA driver with my custom
2.6.4 kernel but I may switch to libata.

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--