Managing Fedora Testing

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Mar 30 19:31:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 11:15:51AM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> If I am a volunteer distro tester, and want to look at how a new Mozilla
> interacts with a new X windows, I do NOT need to be spending time
> finding out that Anaconda can't find my IDE hard drive, or that yum is

A large part of the early testing has always been installer stuff. I'm not
yet sure what percentage of users are having CD booting problems, and
more to the point there isnt a quick fix around. The cd isolinu boot
code hasnt changed from FC1.

Using an FC1 CD to get to the first prompt then swapping CD before
hitting return seems to work.

In previous cases its been fairly easy to use yum to test stuff bypassing
install problems, the combination of the current ones and SELinux fixups
makes it a bit trickier this time...

Alan