Installer quits while checking for other fedora installations!

Harald Glatt fedora-test-list at dynaloop.net
Tue Mar 30 21:09:42 UTC 2004

     From:
Harald Glatt
<hachre at dynaloop.net>
       To:
fedoratest
<fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
  Subject:
Installer
quits while
checking for
other fedora
installations
     Date:
Tue, 30 Mar
2004
23:06:02
+0200

Hi list,

I just tried installing core 2 test 2 on my computer.
Both the graphical and the text installer quit after trying to detect
other fedora installations for about 1 minute... (I dont have any)

My partition layout:

/dev/hde1       NTFS (Windows XP)
/dev/hde5       ReiserFS (empty, reserved for fedora)
/dev/hde6       ReiserFS (Gentoo Linux)

My Hardware:

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe (AMD Processor mobo with NForce2 Chipset)
1.5 GB RAM
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
2 Seagate native SATA Harddrives
Onboard SATA Controller (Does work with 2.6.3 (siimage) but doesn't with
any later kernels... Due to a performance enhancing patch. Already
informed the LKML)

I think all other hardware is kinda irrelevant because stuff like sound
and video shouldn't matter in a text install, but that one fails too...

Do you need any more Information? Feel free to ask ;)
Hope we can get this figured...

cya
Harald Glatt (hachre)