surprising success report

Walker Aumann walkera at ofb.net
Wed Mar 31 00:08:43 UTC 2004

My backup server has been a pain for years because it has an Adaptec
AHA-2940U2W SCSI card along with an Adaptec AHA-2944UW SCSI card.  Ever
since the "new" aic7xxx module, that has meant booting in expert mode
and manually selecting the appropriate driver (aic7xxx_old).  On a lark,
I tried booting this machine from the "notorious" FC2-test2 disc 1.  Not
only did it boot properly, but it figured out the SCSI cards well enough
to get me to the disk partitioning menu (where I stopped because I'm not
ready to install a test release on our backup server).

With more results like this and being able to successfully configure
SMTP authentication with postfix under FC2-test1 where I couldn't with
RedHat 9, I'm really looking forward to this being ready for general
use.