FC up2date with development/

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Wed Mar 31 16:49:05 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 20:38, P.I.Julius wrote:

> Or simply, it is enough if i update my release always from the
> development tree to have the latest release/test release installed on my
> box? or i should download the released isos every time and then upgrade
> to the development tree to have the latest and newest packages?

That's basically what I did on a box last week (I needed to re-install
but FC2T1 was the 'current' release), so I installed from the FC2T1
media then did a complete update (it was a little sticky, because of
major changes like XFree86 to xorg and Evo 1.5 dropping to Evo 1.4),
then, once FC2T2 was released, I did an upgrade from the media.

Some things, like SELinux, are missing, but the system is stable.  It's
certainly not a production server or anything, just a sort of sandbox.
I don't consider it stable (in a "changed-ness" sense) enough to report
bugs against unless I get independent corroboration from a cleanly
installed FC2T2 box.

In short, it works, but I don't think it's recommended (or possibly even
sane). :-)

Ben
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca