core 2 test 2: freetype fonts : no antialiasing?

Raghu Angadi raghuangadi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 22:18:50 UTC 2004

I just upgraded from test1 to test2.

One thing I noticed is that font rendering seems to have changed in xterm,
xemacs (apps that use traditional font system). I run xterm with 'courier
new' and the font looks awful after the upgrade. No config differences that I
know of.

I have rerun mkfontsdir mkfontscale.

Do you know what's going on?

xterm command:

xterm +sb -fn -*-courier new-medium-r-*-*-*-140-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*

Chris Kloiber had replied saying this issue might have been discussed before
but I could not find any clear solution.

Thanks,
Raghu.