x on VIA/S3G graphics

MADAMANCHI, RAJESH KUMAR MADAMANC at engr.sc.edu
Sat May 1 07:29:36 UTC 2004

Hi guys,
I just installed fedora core 2 test 3 on my averatec 3225h laptop. When I restart, the rhgb starts normally and in the meanwhile the screen fades away and then stalls with some vertical lines. I rebooted in text mode and started X from command line. It starts GNOME and everything is fine. And if I kill X, the same thing happens again. None of Ctrl-Alt-Backspace/Ctrl-Alt-F1/Ctrl-Alt-Del will work. It totally hung and I have to restart everytime I kill X. I have a VIA/S3G VT8378 Unichrome Graphics card. Anyone with this problem ?
Someone HELP!
Thanks,
Rajesh