sata_sil - sil3114

Si Jones si at bananas.hopto.org
Sat May 1 17:09:00 UTC 2004

I think am missing the whole thing here.!!!

I have downloaded and wrote the 4 iso's to cd, booted cd
it says no hard drives found i then say yes to loading a module and look
though the list and it is not there, no silicon image support at all.

I did alt + f2 to go in to a sheel and have tried modprobe sata_sil and
insmod sata_sil they dont fail they seem to look as if they are loading
but when i do lsmod the sata_sil is not listed..

can anyone help me? what am i doing wrong here?