Adding packages via yum

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat May 1 20:49:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 09:05, Wayne Steenburg wrote:

> I'm probably just misreading your message, but only use ONE baseurl=
> per server section. List other urls on the following line(s).
>
> >From $man yum.conf
>
> baseurl
> 	must be a url to the directory where the yum repository’s 	’headers’
> directory lives.  Can be an http://, ftp:// or 	file://url.  You can
> specify multiple urls in one baseurl 	statement. The best way to do this
> is like this:
>
>               [serverid]
>               name=Some name for this server
>               baseurl=url://server1/path/to/repository/
>                       url://server2/path/to/repository/
>                       url://server3/path/to/repository/
>
>         If you list more than one baseurl= statement in a repository you
>         will  find  yum  will  ignore  the earlier ones and probably act
>         bizarrely. Don’t do this, you’ve been warned.

Well, I've been using the yum.conf I've posted earlier in the thread,
and I'm still getting 'retrygrab() failed for:' messages on all my
mirrors.  Someone have a yum.conf that's working for them that I could
try?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Adversity is the trial of principle.
Without it, a man hardly knows whether he is honest or not.
-- Henry Fielding

16:46:34 up 3 days, 19:55, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.14, 0.07
Linux salamander 2.6.5 #1 SMP Mon Apr 5 01:03:13 PDT 2004 i686 unknown
unknown GNU/Linux