FC2T3 Shut down / reboot taking much longer to complete

A1tmblwd at netscape.net A1tmblwd at netscape.net
Sat May 1 20:54:21 UTC 2004

Wayne Steenburg <w.steenburg at myactv.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 01:13, A1tmblwd at netscape.net wrote:
>> After upgrading from FC1 to FC2T3 the shuting down / reboot process is taking much longer to complete.  The slow down begins when the message "Shutting down system logger" appears. Termiation of the process takes a minute or more. Then each of the following processes, "Shutting down interface eth0", "Shutting down loopback interface", and "Stopping iptables" exhibit similar behavior.  Termination of these four processes takes minutes to complete.  Whereas in the past it took only seconds.
>>
>> Firewall and iptables are enabled.  SELinux is disabled.
>>
>> What is causing the slowdown?  What do I need to do to get back the responsiveness of FC1?
>>
>If your /home directory is on a separate partition or you have the
>diskspace necessary to backup your data, I would try a fresh install
>instead of an upgrade.

Thanks, that's the easy way out.  I really want to know what is causing the problem.  It's probably something the developers made to accomodate SELinux but haven't quite got working correctly.  It would be nice if the developers could fix it before the official release.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.