fc2t3: usb devices not accepting addresses, please confirm

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun May 2 00:04:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 02 May 2004 01:58:29 +0200, Guy Van Den Bergh
<guy.van-den-bergh at skynet.be> wrote:

> Dunno whether this is the confirmation you were looking for, but anyway:
>
> I've seen this FC1 and FC2test2 on an Apacer USB card reader and LaCie
> USB harddisks, however only when I have been doing large transfers to
> it, like populating with another filesystem image, or copying large
> files to or from it. It looks like somehow the USB cardreader/disk is
> not responding anymore. Unplug and plug shows then the "not accepting
> new address". Only poweroff helped.

fc1 on my production machine has not had one single problem with the
usb devices im trying to use on the test box. I use my cardreader
religuously to dump large collections of camera images to the
computer, never had it stop responding under fc1.  I guess im going to
have to install fc1 on this test box and get a decent base line to
make sure its not some flaky mobo problem in the test box.

-jef