Screen saver / tuxracer crashes

yonas abraham yonasb at netzero.com
Sun May 2 15:29:59 UTC 2004

I am one of the ppls who have taxracer problems. I am using inter i845
card. In FC2T1 taxracer was working fine. In FC2T2 taxracer, glxgears
used to hang and I was forced to hard boot. in FC2T3 taxracer or
glxgears no longer crash but taxracer runs veryyyyy slow and it is useless.

glxinfo reports that direct rendering is not enabled. I have also
"libGL error: failed to open DRM: Operation not permitted
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering"

i have read the man for DRI and to solve this libGL problem is to add
the following line in xorg.conf
Section "DRI"
        Group        0
        Mode         0666
EndSection

But this was there by defalt and still did not solved.

--yonasb