ATI drivers (was Re: nVidia and ATi drivers in Fedora 2)

Bob Gill gillb4 at telusplanet.net
Tue May 4 06:11:46 UTC 2004

I can also confirm that the Nvidia 5596 drivers work well with Ti4200
cards on FC2-test3 and (unrelated) ReiserFS on the boot partition, using
kernel 2.6.6-rc3-bk5.  I did get bit with 1. Make sure when you build
the kernel that ReiserFS in included in the kernel (not just a module),
and ext2/ext3 can be a module, and 2. the new config file for X windows
is xorg.conf (I just copied the Nvidia XF86Config file to xorg.conf
after backing it up, works without problems).  X.org seems faster than
XFree86.  I did cough up a bug though (and reported back to X.org).
Firewire runs as nicely as FC1 (but again I'm running my own custom
kernel).