fedora-test-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 30

Mark Fonnemann markf78 at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 01:09:59 UTC 2004

Hello-

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 02:54:27PM -0700, Mark Fonnemann wrote:

> p.s. does it bother anyone else that rsync does not follow the typical unix
> syntax of "application dest src" and instead uses the described "application
> src dest"?

>>Hm, let us see:
>>cp ....
>>mv ....
>>I wonder how this claimed "typical unix syntax" is really typical?
>>If you have an option which allows to specify a target other than
>>a default then this is not what you may think it is.

(snip)

sorry, i don't know what i was thinking.... forgive me. i meant to remark how
annoying it is that most C macro functions (strcpy, etc.) and Unix functions
like rsync have different syntax. i spend most of my time programming in C so i
always get this simple thing confused...

e.g. strcpy(dst, src)
     cp src, dst

anyways, sorry for wasting everyone's time with this stupid remark...

mark.