Status of FireWire/IEEE1394/SBP2 in FC2?

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu May 6 12:14:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 13:34, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On May  5, 2004, Manuel M T Chakravarty <chak at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > Are you going to release extra rpms for a firewire kernel?
>
> I wasn't quite thinking of rpms, but I guess I could do that as well.
> Let's see...

Personally, I don't mind compiling my own kernel, but I am not sure
whether the average user with a digital video camera that connects via
firewire is up to that.  An rpm that could be installed along with the
standard one, would make it easy for inexperienced users who are
interested in firewire to check whether it works ok on their machine.

Manuel