unable to recompile kernel

Almacha almacha at altern.org
Thu May 6 19:16:01 UTC 2004

-> If somebody already finished a kernel recompilation of
linux-2.6.5-1.327 (FC2test3 default kernel)
AND UNDER FC2 test 3
tell me "it is possible" and ignore my post.
But I wanted to be sure that it is possible.
The explaination is above:

I tried to recompile the kernel in Fedora core 2 test3 but it didn't
work. I also tried the official 2.6.5 kernel from kernel.org but same
result.
When I had FC2test2 I could compile offical 2.6.5 kernel but now
impossible. So it looks as if it was impossible to recompile the linux
kernel under FC2test3.

At some time during compilation GCC stops (Segmenation Fault) and tells
me it certainly comes from a OS or hardware problem. But as my partition
table is damaged (by Windows XP) it may not happen at all on an other
computers. Notice that if I re-enter make it continues without problem
but some minutes later it stops again. If I re-enter make again it stops
again but sonner. etc..., sonner and sonner and at the end I have to
enter 4 times make to recompile a single file.

linux-2.6.5-1.327

-> If somebody already finished a kernel recompilation of
linux-2.6.5-1.327 AND UNDER linux-2.6.5-1.327 tell me and ignore my
post. But I wanted to be sure that it is possible.