named + chroot

David Kramer dkramer at reflect.com
Thu May 6 23:53:30 UTC 2004

I guess Im confused as to why you would hardlink those files versus dropping
them directly into your chroot environment.  I was always told for a pure
chroot environment that you MUST place all dependent files within the
chroot.  I've been running a public DNS for quite some time like that
without issues(KNOCK ON WOOD...)  At one point I think I was missing my
rndc.key reference within my named.conf file, once I corrected the path and
had that file within my chroot/etc/dir I was good to go.  Let me know if you
need more help with this.

DK