named + chroot

Vibol Hou vibol at khmer.cc
Fri May 7 03:26:19 UTC 2004

I hardlinked the files because I figure the rh config tools access the
main etc-based files rather than the chrooted files when making changes.
  Hardlinking simplifies the process of not having to copy those two
files to the chroot, but I don't believe a chroot environment mandates
unique files.

The original problem I had, however, was installing the bind-chroot
package broke bind (at least it did for me).  It didn't automatically
copy (or hardlink) the /etc/named.conf and /etc/rndc.key files over to
the chroot environment automatically.

Thanks for your insight.  I'm curious to know if your rndc.key went
missing or if it wasn't copied properly in the first place.

-Vibol