dmesg message is confusing me

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 7 20:40:40 UTC 2004

Greetings;

One of the items I've noticed in /var/log/dmesg, is that while I'm
supposedly running everything in EXT3 mode, I'm seeing this message
in the logs when I boot:

date etc EXT2-fs Warning (device hda8) ext2_fill_super: mounting EXT3
filesystem as EXT2

A bit further on, it notes that all the other partitions are being
mounted EXT3.

A rerun of tune2fs -j /dev/hda8 returns that the journal already
exists.

Whats the correct way to fix this?  I hope its fixable, we're having
some local weather and while I was putting something away in another
shed, the shop computer was apparently reset and killed by a power
bump in that one minute 30 I was gone.  That'll be a good use for my
spare UPS I guess.  Now of course is too late. :(

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)