CD-ROM drive stopped working after upgrade

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Sat May 8 13:32:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 01:39:39PM +0100, Leon Stringer wrote:
> I already have this entry (kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.327 ro
> root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi rhgb nofb). I didn't put it there so I guess
> Anaconda did. But my CD drive is still not working.

If you do have "hdc=ide-scsi" in grub.conf, then your cdrom link is
invalid. Either remove that option from grub, or change the link to point
to scd0.

The recomended way is to remove the option. The ide-scsi subsystem was
broken in the first 2.6 kernels (and it was never that good to start
with). I don't know its state in the new ones, but I guess the
recomendation keeps.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha

--
Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.