CD-ROM drive stopped working after upgrade

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sat May 8 14:33:09 UTC 2004

If I just have ide-scsi in grub.conf (i.e. kernel
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.327 ro root=LABEL=/ ide-scsi rhgb nofb) or remove
the entry completely (i.e. kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.327 ro
root=LABEL=/ rhgb nofb) I can read CD-ROMs and play audio CDs.

Is this a bug and if so what in? Surely the final release of FC2 will
need to address this?

Thanks for the replies that enabled me to fix this.