3 q's if I can recall them

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun May 9 00:37:40 UTC 2004

Greetings;

1. I don't think I'm running the right video driver on that shop box,
a 233mhz P2, whose logon says its a Diamond SpeedStar Viper 330 with
4 megs of ram.  But linux almost makes the rage128 driver work?  Who
knows what is the right driver for that old video card?

2. I've added a couple of ISA bussed parallel port cards intended for
machine controls to it, but they aren't found by isapnp.

Are there any tools I could use to discover where these totally dumb
cards are at least addressed at?

3. The bios says the keyboard and a PS2 mouse are found and
configured.  When gpm starts, it says no mouse was detected, and I've
no mouse on the console, but it works just fine in X.  I'd like to
have a console with a mouse, what do I look at and adjust?  Its a 5
button GE optical wheel.

This is all on FC2t3.

--
Cheers, Gene