k3b - where is k3bsetup?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at verizon.net
Sun May 9 00:59:17 UTC 2004

On Saturday 08 May 2004 08:55 pm, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 08 May 2004 20:10:40 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> > I installed k3b from rawhide.  I don't see any k3bsetup.  Was it removed?
> > k3b recommends I used k3bsetup to suid cdrecord.
>
> Does k3b recommend that? What does the message say?
> Does k3b not work for you?
>
> --
> Fedora Core release 1.92 (FC2 Test 3) - Linux 2.6.5-1.356
When I start k3b I get this box:

cdrecord does not run with root privileges
It is highly recommended to configure cdrecord to run with root privileges.
Only then cdrecord runs with high priority which increases the overall
stability of the burning process. Apart from that it allows changing the size
of the used burning buffer. A lot of user problems could be solved this way.
This is also true when using SuSE's resmgr.
Solution: Use K3bSetup to solve this problem.
cdrdao does not run with root privileges
It is highly recommended to configure cdrdao to run with root privileges to
increase the overall stability of the burning process.
Solution: Use K3bSetup to solve this problem.

In the past I have built k3b myself, and it did include k3bsetup and offered
to run it for me.  This seems to have been removed.