Call for Yum Frontend

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Sun May 9 05:09:52 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 00:06, seth vidal wrote:

> Up2date's interface makes it difficult to perform certain tasks. For
> updating packages it works a treat, but for selecting new things to be
> packaged and/or removing item it can become a bit cumbersome.
>  Something that was discussed on fedora-config-list was if
> system-config-packages interface could be coupled to one of the various
> backends to help with the interface. A redesign of the up2date ui to be
> geared more toward installation/removal/etc of packages instead of just
> updating would also be adequate.

Or combine the two programs into one that updates as well as
adds/removes, as you stated about up2date.

I think the installing of new packages via UI is def missing from
up2date as mentioned by others.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"