RHN Applet freezes

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sun May 9 06:33:21 UTC 2004

Am So, den 09.05.2004 schrieb Mike Chambers um 04:32:
> I noticed that after a reboot or restarting the rhn_applet, that it
> initially works, but after the computer has been running a bit, it
> freezes.  As in you can't left or right click on it and it doesn't
> change to show updates are available.

Same problem here - sometimes. And often it will work again later (if I
don't pay any attention to it for some period of time). I can't
reproduce the phenomenon reliably. I suppose the applet is busy with
communication tasks (contacting the server which doesn't respond / is
overloaded) and doesn't react to the GUI (design flaw of the program or
the python rumtime?).

Peter