Call for Yum Frontend

Ron McKown fedora at ventura.nu
Sun May 9 08:00:47 UTC 2004

hi Seth,
i don't think it's so much that users 'hate' the header download
portion, it's more about it being an inconvenience for those of us with
slow connections.

i have been using the freshrpms apt repository for FC1, and i am so
delighted how fast and little bandwidth apt-get update takes.

many of us in Russia are still using dialup, so there are times when it
will take me many sessions to complete one upgrade.  apt-get supports
broken downloads (it resumes).   so far, i haven't been able to find
this feature in YUM.

for myself and countless others, getting YUM to not download the huge
header requirement and to allow for resuming downloads would make all
the difference.

thanks!!

Ron McKown