3 q's if I can recall them

Markku Kolkka markkukolkka at kolumbus.fi
Sun May 9 11:35:44 UTC 2004

Gene Heskett kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 9.
toukokuuta 2004 03:37):
> 1. I don't think I'm running the right video driver on that
> shop box, a 233mhz P2, whose logon says its a Diamond
> SpeedStar Viper 330 with 4 megs of ram.

According to info found on Web, that card is based on the nVidia
Riva 128 chip. Use the "nv" driver, or get the binary driver
from nVidia.

> 2. I've added a couple of ISA bussed parallel port cards
> intended for machine controls to it, but they aren't found by
> isapnp.

If the cards really are "totally dumb" as you say, then they
don't support PnP.

> Are there any tools I could use to discover where these
> totally dumb cards are at least addressed at?

The documentation supplied with the cards explaining the
jumpers/switches used to set the address and IRQ, perhaps?

--
	Markku Kolkka
	markku.kolkka at iki.fi