Looking for opinions...

Neil B. Cohen nbc at aikisoft.com
Sun May 9 23:56:38 UTC 2004

I've been running Fedora for a while now, and I've never been able to
get my Epson Stylus C60 printer to work - it was recognized and
configured but I never got any output. I've not been able to figure out
why CUPS won't print to that device - I'm still thinking it is my fault
and not the printer but I've never had time to really track it down.

Now I'm in the market for a printer/scanner/copier and I've been looking
at some machines from HP. Has anyone had any experiences - good or bad -
with the HP2175? Does it work with the latest Fedora software? Any other
recommendations? Price is an issue here but I want something that
works....

Does anyone have any comments on whether a combination
printer/scanner/copier is a good or bad idea in the first place? Should
I stick with separate devices? One way or another, I need to get a
working printer on my machine - if I get a standalone scanner then I'll
just have to make the Epson work...

Any information or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

nbc

AME:   Neil B. Cohen (Aiki Software)
PHONE:  703-444-4610
DOMAIN: nbc at aikisoft.com
* Murphy's Philosophy: Smile - tomorrow will be worse...    *
* O'Tooles Commentary: Murphy was an optimist!              *