Virgin Yum Says "No Server" After 7 May Install & Yum Update; Why>

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Mon May 10 19:50:09 UTC 2004

billg wrote:

>I know this has been beat to death, but running "yum check-update" is
>telling me the server isn't there.  This is on an FC2 Test3 machine built
>on 7 May from ISO's pulled down on 6 May and successfully updated via yum
>on 7 may (i.e., freeze day).  I did not receive this error on that day
>and have made zero changes to yum's configuration, ever, period.  Why did
>yum work on 7 May but not since?  Did the update pull down a bogus list
>of servers?
>
>Here's  what I'm seeing:
>
>"yum check-update
>
>Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
>Server: Fedora Core 1.92 - i386 - Base
>retrygrab() failed for:
>  http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1.92/headers/header.info
>  Executing failover method
>failover: out of servers to try
>Error getting file
>http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1.92/headers/header.info
>[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found"

url-redirection problem ?

<snip>

  Not Found

The requested URL
/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/.92/headers/header.info was not found
on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
</snip>

<snip>
The following URL could not be retrieved:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/.92/
</snip>

--
shrek-m