imap server - Dovecot or WU-imap

Phil Anderson pza at pza.net.au
Tue May 11 23:18:40 UTC 2004

I replaced my UW imap server with a dovecot server a while back, and
here are things you need to take note of:
- the ~/.mailboxes has been replaced with ~/mail/.subscriptsions
- dovecot uses ~/mail for your base directory, whereas UW Imap requires
  you to specify the mail directory in the path.

Dovecot requires no special configuration, and works perfectly in our
small (30 user) environment.  It handles multiple accesses to the same
mailboxes, as long as it is by the same user.  I.e. you can use
evolution and squirrelmail at the same time.

Phil