Panasonic CF-R1 won't boot with install kernel crash

Makoto Fujiwara makoto at ki.nu
Wed May 12 07:10:33 UTC 2004

 I have light weith Note PC, Panasonic CF-R1.
This machine had several installation, RedHat 7.3, 8.0,9, FC1.
All work fine.

  Starting FC2 test1, I belive, at test 2 and 3 for sure, the
install kernel won't start. With installation CDROM, it boots
to Boot screen, getting the prompt
----------------
[F1-Main][F2-Options][F3-General][F4-Kernel][F5-Rescue]
boot:
----------------
 (Either <return> or linux text<return> will give:
Uncompressing ...
..
Blackout
..
Reboot.

On the other Celeron Desktop Machine, it boots with
the same CDROM to the installer.

The dmesg with FC1 is placed at
http://www.ki.nu/~makoto/fc/
  13266 Apr  9 11:45 FC1-panasonic-dmesg
   6856 May 12 15:57 FC1-panasonic-dmesg-1

(I don't exactly know the difference of the above two,
but they are dmesg files with different occasions.)

Please advise how to trace down the point of problem,
thanks a lot,

(I have tested either with and without eth1 wireless LAN card.)
---
Makoto Fujiwara,
Chiba, Japan, Narita Airport and Disneyland prefecture.