SELinux Disabled? (was netspeed blah blah blah)

Fri May 14 20:38:22 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 15:44, Tony Perrie wrote:
> This was a fresh install from the DVD iso with no upgrades.  I'm getting
> reams of messages from SELinux when I use rpm and rpmbuild.
>
> Tony
>
> On Fri, 14 May 2004, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 11:30, Tony Perrie wrote:
> > > I thought SELinux was disabled by default?
> >
> > Guess we're trying for the longest-hijacked-thread record here - naaah,
> > not by a long shot. ;^)

Oh well, so much for going for the record! ;^)

> > On a fresh install, it should be.  On an upgrade, the old setting are
> > (should be) preserved.  And perhaps some want it enabled despite the
> > warts...

The problem may be "with no upgrades".  Is this FC2T3 DVD install?
IIRC, the selinux noise died down with more recent kernels.  Not
happening for me on kernel-2.6.5-1.358, updates through today's rawhide
over a fresh FC2T3 install, with SELINUX=disabled in
/etc/sysconfig/selinux.

Phil