Yum and Going from Test 3 to official release of Core 2

Fri May 14 21:04:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 15:26, John DeCarlo wrote:
> I suppose I know the answer already, but it was a bit disconcerting.
>
> After doing a 'yum update' earlier this week, I found I couldn't do that
> any more.  Why?  Because my $releasever had been updated to have a value
> of 2.
>
> And when I hard coded 1.92 in yum.conf, many of the repositories had
> disappeared.
>
> So I figure I can't do any updates until the official Core 2 release
> next week.

You can do updates if you figure out where they live.  Rawhide update
source has not changed - still works with old config file entries,
unless a mirror has changed its structure.

For extras, fedora.us seems to have changed to 2 already:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora/fedora/2/i386/RPMS.stable/

Other sites still use 1.92.  Bit of a puzzle, but get yum.conf correct
and you can update rawhide and/or extras.

Phil