Unable to boot on WinXP after Fedora Core 2 test3 install

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sat May 15 17:21:37 UTC 2004

Marco Bicca wrote:

> I have an installation with Windows XP and Fedora Core 2 Test 3 and my
> Windows option inside grub looks like:
>
> rootnoverify (hd1,0)
> unhide (hd1,0)
> hide (hd0,0)
> hide (hd0,1)
> makeactive
> chainloader 1+

what would happen if you unhide (hd0,0) (hd0,1)
can you boot into xp ?

do you have an extented partition on hda or 2 primaries ?
do you have only 1 primary on hdb for xp ?

my  w2k-prof  boot.ini  under  vmware  on  sda1
----
c:\boot.ini
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000
Professional" /fastdetect
----

--
shrek-m