upgrade from fc1 to fc2-test3 /dev not accessible

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 16 05:55:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 03:43:34PM -0700, donald raikes wrote:

> Hi all,

> I just did an upgrade from fc1 to fc2 test3 on my compaq deskpro-en
> with 512mb ram and 60gb drive.  Now when I try to play any .wav
> files using the play command, I get /dev/dsp not found.

The default audio library and model has changed.
See /dev/snd and ALSA in the test archives.
alsactl, alsamixer, amixer,....
Also /usr/bin/system-config-soundcard

If you install from the soon to be released FC2 final
disks this may clear up.

Others will notice that the mouse configuration/device has
changed.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l