Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun May 16 22:48:09 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 06:29:51PM -0400, Phil Savoie wrote:
> I too suffered the *wonderful* *new* FC2 release.  I also feel that on
> the point of releasing to the wilds, a very significant bug like this
> should not have been missed and just gives all the windows users more
> ammunition to turn off Linux altogether.  Absolutely and totally
> unprofessional, in my opinion.  I emphatically hope that the boxed
> versions don't allow for this or there's going to be a huge outcry.

Please separate your first point (basically: "this bug should be fixed")
from your second (which sounds like: "my pet bug is a the most important
thing in the world and nobody and noting else matters and I'm the most
important class of user so everyone cater to me"). Of course, I'm
exaggerating unfairly with my paraphrasing, but that's how it comes across.

And the second part, because of human nature and all, actually detracts from
practically getting something done about the first.

Of course, since there *won't be* any boxed versions, maybe it's all moot.
:)