xorg.conf in FC2

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Sun May 16 23:17:46 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 16:48 -0600, raxet wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 16:05 -0600, raxet wrote:
> >

> >>I'm stating that in my /etc/X11 directory there is no xorg.conf. The
> >>only one I found was located in the /usr/XR11R6/lib/Server dir. What to
> >>do please?
> >>
> >>RaXeT
> >>

> >Remove the old XF86Config files (if any are present), make sure there is
> >no xorg.conf file (you already have) and then create a new config file
> >from scratch with system-config-display:
> >system-config-display --reconfig
> >
> >If that fails.. try adding the --noui option so that X is not started
> >while configuring.
> >

> I'm assuming your telling me to remove my XF86Config file in the
> /etc/X11 directory.
> Then do a search of my system for any existing xorg.conf, then if found
> move it to the /etc/X11 directory or if I don't find the xorg.conf to
> recreate it by the system-config-display --reconfig?

Yes, remove any /etc/X11/XF86Config files.
No, don't copy or move any existing xorg.conf files into /etc/X11.
Use system-config-display to create a new, fresh config file instead
(this is more likely to create a usable file than assuming one you
*find* on the system is valid.. the s-c-d program uses a script that
knows what is valid to create it)

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on irc.freenode.net