please stop...

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at rogers.com
Mon May 17 22:24:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:10:22 +0300
shmuel siegel <fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu> wrote:

> <snip>
> There is nothing wrong with someone expressing saying that it is not a
> good idea to release software that says it will do something but ends up
> trashing an existing setup. In case you didn't notice, Redhat took this
> problem seriously and publicly asked people to describe environments
> that failed. Even our frequent warnings from Jef "the transient middle
> name" Spaleta, never suggested that release software eats babies.

Several people have shown a real misconception about what the Fedora
project is.    To claim that the reason to fix a bug is PR or because we
will lose more converts from the Windows world completely misses
the point and is offensive.   The problem will get solved and self
serving angst over PR isn't useful.

> The signal to noise ratio on this list would be a lot higher if people
> were not flamed for trying to influence the decision process of Redhat.

Nobody ever gets flamed for making a helpful contribution to a bug
report.

Cheers,
Sean.