screen contamination in fc2t3 after blamker has activated

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue May 18 13:04:09 UTC 2004

Greetings;

Is it normal for the screen to become a large grey pattern after the
blanker has kicked in (to a black screen) and either the keyboard is
touched, or the mouse moved?

If I have a terminal open, when the screen unblanks, I have just the
cli line of the terminal showing in a sea of grey. In order to get a
screen redraw, I have to ctl-d the terminal, at which point the whole
screen is redrawn and restored.

The card is a riva128 equipt card, but only 4 megs of video dram on
it.  Is there some option I need to check/set in whatever the
XF86Config file is now called?

Its an El-cheapo I inherited :(

--
Cheers, Gene