Unresolved errors on yum...

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu May 20 18:55:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:13:36 +0100, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> According to yum, I'm already running the latest up2date...

Do you mean to still be getting updates from the development tree at this point?
You need to take a second and ask yourself..do i want to keep trying
to update from development tree now that fc2 is our or do I want to
update against the fc2 tree?
Once you have answer that for yourself,  look at /etc/yum.conf   and
possibly /etc/yum.conf.rpmnew which would have been created if you
edit your yum.conf during testing
and then installed the the last yum update package in the devel tree
before fc2 release.

If yum.conf is still pointed at the devel branch...which i suspect
yours is from the error you recieved...you need to understand that
packaging errors happen in development branch, and now that we are
outside of the test phase you can expect the development branch to get
a little wild before the next test phase starts up. I fully expect
this sort of consistancy error to show up in development repeatedly
now that testing is over.

-jef